ODHS, D14 - Self Sufficiency Program has been given permission to hire
1 Temporary Human Service Specialist 2 (HSS1’s) / Customer Service Guide for a period of 6 months.
The Office of Self Sufficiency, which is part of the Oregon Department of Human Services, is looking for two talented individuals to serve as a Customer Service Guide. In this role you will aid individual and families seeking services for our agency programs & resources.
Please have interested individuals email their Cover Letter & Resume to Kacey.A.Beall@dhsoha.state.or.us by 2pm on Friday March 11th, 2022.
Please spread the word about this position to your friends and family, and share this email with anyone who may be interested in working with our awesome Self Sufficiency team in District 14.
· Base salary range for an HSS1 is $2,723-$3,951, depending on skills and qualifications. A pay equity review process will determine actual starting salary.
Position schedule from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm for Store Front office focused position.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Work with Oregonians to support the online Oregon Eligibility system, for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), and Employment Related Day Care (ERDC) and Medicaid, by phone or/and in person to resolve any questions or concerns.
Have contact by phone, in person and/or email with participants, advocates, providers, coordinated care plans, outreach facilities, medical professionals, and agency staff.
Assist individuals with troubleshooting known errors or basic support questions.
Work with individuals to identify new errors and escalate issues to ONE Triage teams, capturing screenshots and ensuring the client is able complete the application process.
Most of the time is spent answering participant calls and conducting the necessary follow-up research or support.
Other duties as assigned.
· Two years of experience either interviewing to obtain personal or technical information or substantial people contact. This experience must have involved a high volume of paperwork (e.g., assuring information on forms is complete and accurate, completing necessary documents, etc.).
· College-level courses may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis
o Customer Service: Experience interviewing customers in person and phone to obtain information.
o Explain laws, rules, and policies: Experience communicating decisions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to a diverse group of peoples.
o High volume of work: Ability to complete tasks, duties, projects, and obligations with deadlines, that produce high-quality results.
o Active listening: The ability to understanding individuals’ needs and demonstrating compassion.
o Communication: Ability to professionally interact with a high volume of diverse customers communicating decisions of benefits or services that exceeds the customers’ expectations; provide outstanding customer service by phone, in-person and by email.
o Team-Oriented: Ability to work well and thrive in a team environment.
o Verbal/written communication: The ability to engage with individuals, ability to communicate via email, mail, written document, reports, presentation; excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Ability to organize work efficiently and manage multiple tasks with interruptions.
· As a condition of employment, the State of Oregon requires all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full vaccination or receipt of an approved exception could lead to withdrawal of the job offer – we will help guide you through this process, so please ask if you have questions.
· Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a computerized criminal history and abuse check. Adverse background information will be reviewed and could result in withdrawal of a conditional job offer or termination of employment.